The IWS Prep is designed to address the needs of the inquisitive wine enthusiast and aspiring wine professional alike. IWS Prep remains accessible but is content-rich and full of cultural highlights that are as engaging as they are entertaining.
The course provides an introduction to Italy and explores its key wine regions through tutored tasting of 36 wines.
IWS Prep is your passport to understanding Italian wine.
It also acts as a stepping-stone to the internationally acclaimed Italian Wine Scholar certification program.
The coursebook and instructors alike will guide you on a wine-focused journey through Italy, learning about legendary wines, foods, landmarks and cultural attractions as you “travel.” The program has been divided into three sections, each featuring a geographical area of Italy: the wines of Northern Italy, the wines of Central Italy and the wines of Southern Italy. Within each section, a tantalizing palette of 12 wines are showcased.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
• Inquisitive wine enthusiasts wanting to become more familiar with the intricacies of Italian wine
• Aspiring wine professionals
• Hospitality professionals new to the world of Italian wine
• Anyone wishing to become more knowledgeable about Italy, and its wine and food culture
WHY ENROLL THE ITALIAN WINES SCHOLAR PREP COURSE?
This engaging and informative course will enable you to:
• Acquire fundamental Italian wine knowledge in just weeks
• Refine your tasting skills
• Master the essential grapes and appellations of Italy’s major wine regions
• Navigate the seemingly complicated Italian wine classification system
• Be perfectly poised to continue your studies with the prestigious Italian Wine Scholar (IWS) certification program
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• Classroom instruction (a series of three 2.5 hour classes + the exam
• Extensive tasting of 36 wines
• A beautiful 125-page, book rich with photographs & maps
• Access to high-quality e-learning activities
• A MCQ exam of 50 questions
Mr Chatchai Thavonthanakul, IWS, course instructor & Mr Walter Giomi, Guest Speaker