Government Big Data Institute (GBDi) in collaboration with Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, and the ASEAN CIO Association (ACIOA) invites you to our virtual event, the AI & Big Data Leadership Summit 2021. The event is separated into two sessions: AI and Big Data.
[Agenda] Online seminar via Microsoft Teams program
Morning Session: AI Leadership Summit 2021 (Conducted in English) (บรรยายเป็นภาษาอังกฤษ)
Date: 11 Nov 2021 Time: 08:30-13:30 Display Time in Bangkok Time
- Ms. Ajarin Pattanapanchai, Permanent Secretary of Digital Economy and Society
- Mr. Allan McKinnon PSM, Australian Ambassador to Thailand
- Assoc. Prof. Tiranee Achalakul, Ph.D., Director, Government Big Data Institute
- Professor Pascale Quester, Vice-Chancellor and President, Swinburne University of Technology
- Title: Impact of Technology Disruption on Financial Sector
- Mr. Korn Chatikavanij, KLA Party Leader & Former Finance Minister
- Professor Alan Lau, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research Partnership and Digital Innovation, Swinburne University of Technology
Today people expect access to advanced healthcare and better health outcomes, public and private health resources. We have evidenced the rapid digitisation of health services around the world, the demand for health data scientists, health technologists and technology-literate clinical staff. This panel session brings together multidisciplinary research, clinical, industry, and government organisations to discuss research and development on combining individual and collective expertise with data, information and telecommunication technologies, which ultimately bring people improved health and wellbeing, improved value of care, reduced incidents, and reduced costs.
Session Chair: Thanakrit Chintavara, MD, Vice Director, Government Big Data Institute
- Assoc. Prof. Cherdchai Nopmaneejumruslers, MD, Vice Director, Siriraj Hospital
- Mr. Ben Ruktantichoke, Data Scientist, Government Big Data Institute
- Ms. Bronwyn Le Grice, CEO & Managing Director – ANDHealth, Australia’s only dedicated digital health accelerator & commercialisation support organisation
- Dr. Terry Sweeney CMG, Chief Executive Officer Australian Digital Health Research Centre, Australia’s national organisation for digital health innovation. Special Advisor to the G20
The Smart Cities panel session brings together with a multidisciplinary group of experts in sustainable urban development. This session discusses topics to address and solve the urban development challenges, which brings people an equitable, sustainable and carbon free future. The discussion will foster achieving the sustainable development goals, facilitating the process of creating more liveable and future proof cities and regions based on a wiser use of technology and global resources, empowering collaboration among cities, companies and society, by leveraging technologies such as smart energy, traffic management, smart buildings, digital and data technology.
Session Chair: Peeradon Samasiri, PhD, Data Scientist, Government Big Data Institute
- Professor Simon See, Senior Director and Chief Solution Architect, Nvidia AI Technology Center
- Dr. Supakorn Siddhichai, Executive Vice President, Digital Technology and Innovation Development, Digital Economy Promotion Agency
- Mr. Adam Beck, Executive Director, Smart Cities Council
- Mr. David Chuter, Chief Executive Office and Managing Director, Innovative Manufacturing CRC
The Fintech and Cybersecurity panel session will focus on innovations and research trend that transform the finance industry, as we are seeing the strategic impacts of technological revolutions underway in the sector. Cybersecurity implications also make significant impact to the finance industry, given that regulators and securities industry professionals are largely working online while facing increased cyber threats. The panellists will discuss new technological innovations that will impact both the fintech industry and cybersecurity, such as blockchain, anti-money laundering technologies, distributed ledger, open banking, digital assets, consumer data privacy, regulation technologies, and sustainable economy.
Session Chair: Professor Xiang Yang, Dean of Digital Research, Swinburne University of Technology
- David Ben Kay, Chief Legal Officer for Pundi X (www.pundix.com) and the President of the Function X Foundation (functionx.io)
- Chalee Asavathiratham, PhD, SEVP, Chief Digital Banking Officer, Siam Commercial Bank PCL
- Mr. Sudhir Pai, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, Financial Services, Capgemini
- Professor Helge Janicke, Research Director, Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre, Australia
Afternoon Session: Big Data Leadership Summit 2021 (Conducted in Thai) (บรรยายเป็นภาษาไทย)
Date: 11 Nov 2021 Time: 14:15-17:35 Display Time in Bangkok Time
- Mr. Chaicharearn Atibaedya, President, ASEAN CIO Association
- Vichuda Viriyautsahakul, Vice Director, Government Big Data Institute
Organizations in the digital era must evolve from digitization to digitalization to digital transformation. In this talk, K. Pajaree will discuss digital transformation strategies, motivate why digital transformation is essential for businesses, and provide real-world case studies in multiple industries, and digital transformation blueprints.
Keynote Presentation: Pajaree Saengcum, Head of Digitization, Osotspa Group PCL
15:30-16:30 Title: Emerging Practices for a Data-Driven Organization
Today, designing and implementing a D&A strategy in an organization is one of the most important priorities. In this talk, Dr. Sittapong will discuss the ever-changing role of D&A from a discipline to a set of capabilities in support of the wider digital strategy or transformation, and share best practices on building a modern D&A strategy for steering data-driven organization.
Keynote Presentation: Sittapong Settapat, Ph.D., Chief Data Architecture, Engineering and Management, PTTEP
In this talk, Dr. Peerapat will discuss the PDPA law and its implications in data analytics, He will also provide blueprints, templates, and case studies for organizations to adjust their data analytics strategies while complying with PDPA.
Keynote Presentation: Peerapat Chokesuwattanaskul, Ph.D., Lecturer, Chulalongkorn University