TEDxChiangMai 2021 "Re-Together" 27 November 2021
About the event on 27 November
Is TEDxChiangMai 27 November Re-Together still happening? Yes! We are still going ahead. But we are adding more measures to ensure your safety and to comply with the authorities. We also have an amazing online only program for ticket holders - it will be fun, different, and worth it.
TEDxChiangMai returns in 2021 with the theme “Re-Together”. Inspired by the chaos that occurred in our community and society in the past 1 – 2 years, we realized that we need to change for people to live together happily. From this idea, we came up with a new word that combine "Re" which, in our context, refers to the change, and "Together" which means everybody coming together. But before we change to something better and before all of us find suitable ways to live together or “Re-Together” , we must go through some steps: we have to:
- Re-set We should stop for a minute and restart…
- Re-imagine We should change our perspectives and find new solutions…
- Re-align We should make changes to achieve better results…
TEDxChiangMai has selected speakers from Chiang Mai, other provinces in Thailand and overseas. They are experienced and well-known in many fields, such as technology, science, innovation, urban development, economy, environment, and many more. To inspire our audiences to start making changes and develop and implement their creative ideas, the event offers not only interesting talks, but also offers exhibitions, panel discussions and many other activities for exchanging ideas.
This year, we are including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide for talk topics. SDGs consist of 17 goals that aim at solving the key problems the world is facing, such as poverty, inequality, global warming/climate change, peace, with the key principle of “leave no one behind”.
Venue and Event Format
Our event will be a hybrid event, where attendees can join the event in-person at the venue or join the event through an online platform.
Our physical event will be held at the Princess Sirindhorn Astropark, which is the headquarters of the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT). This unique venue has an iconic observatory, interactive exhibitions on three floors, and a museum, plus offers many exciting activities. Attendees who wish to join the event at the venue should purchase the “Full Access” tickets. For those who wish to join the event through the online platform, please purchase the “Online Only” tickets. The virtual event will be held on the online platform, “Whova”, which the organizing team has carefully selected as the platform offering the best online experience.
Our talks will be in Thai and English. We have simultaneous translation (TH>ENG and ENG>TH) at the event, both online and onsite, so don't worry! For onsite attendees, please bring your Passport or Thai ID card to exchange for the translation headset at the event.
Not just one big event
This year, TEDxChiangMai will utilize our online platform to ensure all attendees can take part in all our activities and get the best possible experience. We ask all attendees to register in advance on our online platform, Whova, and join the various activities. These include:
- Smaller events and activities;
- Discussion with our speakers, partners and TEDxChiangMai community;
- Getting to know all other attendees (who join online or join at the venue), starting conversations and exchanging ideas; and
- Registration for activities within the event.
Terms and Conditions:
- Details of each ticket type will be found when you select the ticket.
- Tickets are not refundable or transferable. However, there is a possibility to upgrade Online Only tickets to Full Access tickets, subject to conditions which will be announced later.
- Full Access tickets include food, coffee breaks, gifts and giveaways, access to the post-event reception, and more.
- Online Only ticket holders may receive an activity box sent by mail to their address for a greater shared experience. We will confirm eligibility later.
- All ticket types include access to all our events, pre-event activities, workshops, and activities. As soon as you have purchased the ticket, we will sign you up on Whova and you can join our activities starting in September and two major online events in September and October.
TEDxChiangMai is organized by a group of volunteers. It is a non-profit event, supported by our partners. The revenue from ticket sales will partly fund the event. The event is organized independently under license from TED.
2021 is TEDxChiangMai’s 10th anniversary. During these 10 years, TEDxChiangMai has been inspiring our audiences and communities. We are honored to be part of the change and we will keep doing our part in driving society towards development for sustainability and good quality of life for our community.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/TEDxChiangMai
Sawanya Loetrat (Miiew)
Tel: 053 948 678 or 087-543-1384
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org