During this course you will learn:
- The key stages in grape growing and winemaking.
- The types, characteristics and styles of wines made from the principal grape varieties and other examples of wine.
- The key principles and practices involved in the storage and service of wine.
- Tests on your detection threshold of sweetness, acidity and bitterness
- Tutored Tasting of 10 wines (from dry to sweet, still & sparkling, white, rosé and red, light to full bodied)
- Individual assortment of bite size tasting dishes to illustrate how bitterness, umami, saltiness, sourness, spiciness, fat and sweetness affect the flavors of wines: Spicy Bitter Gourd & Prawn Salad I Cashew nut Tom Yam Flavor I Prosciutto wrapped Olive I Octopus Ceviche I Northern Thai Sausage with Pickled Jalapeno I Ultimate Grilled Cheese I Baklava
- A set of 150 flashcards to revise for the online examination
Closed book ONLINE examination with REMOTE INVIGILATION of 30 Multiple-Choice Questionnaire.
The exam will take place 3 weeks after the class.
7 Hours (exam excluded)
Christophe Mercier, DipWSET