We are excited to announce our very first SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) meet-up @ The Kubric. Hosted by hackers for hackers, this is the real deal. And everyone is welcome!
6th Jul 2017 - Starts 6:30pm - The Kubric
What is SRE?
Google's mastermind behind SRE - Ben Treynor, still has not published a single-sentence definition, however he describes site reliability Engineering as:
- What happens when a software engineer is tasked with what used to be called operations
6:30pm - Registration
7:00pm - Presentation#1 Security challenges in a SRE environment
- William Sandin (YesMom, ex-Spotifier)
- Security aspects around containers, secrets management, cloud and targeted attacks towards developers and system engineers.
7:30pm- Q&A + Mingle
7:45pm - Presentation#2 How to build a home assistant using action on Google
- Marcelo Barbosa (HotelQuickly, ex-Googler)
- Covers interesting tools such as A.I, voice recognition, Google Home, Python, App Engine.
8:15pm - Q&A + Open Forum
- Discuss industry trends, Googles Site Reliability Engineering book, what SRE and DevOps in reality is in Thailand, or any other topics you find interesting