Welcome to the 1st Ethereum Bangkok Community Meetup!
At this June event, we will be exploring the world of Ethereum through the eyes of Chulalongkorn University, OmiseGO, Status and Hoard. Let's come and meet like-minded Ethereum enthusiasts, adopters, entrepreneurs and implementers from Bangkok and around the world.
Tickets are free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. See full details below.
Register now, and see you on Sunday, 3 June 2018 from 1PM - 4PM.
20th Floor, Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building (Chamchuri 10 Building), Chulalongkorn University (see map).
12.30 - 13.00 Registration
13.00 - 13.30 Introduction
13.30 - 14.30 Session #1
14.30 - 14.45 Break
14.45 - 16.00 Session #2
- Dr. Kunwadee Sripanidkulchai - Lecturer, Chulalongkorn University 🇹🇭
- Kridsada Thanabulpong - Software Developer, OmiseGO 🇹🇭
- Jarrad Hope - Co-founder, Status.im 🇬🇧
- Martin Amor - CEO & Founder, Hoard.exchange 🇬🇧
🇹🇭 = Content in Thai
🇬🇧 = Content in English
About Ethereum Bangkok
Ethereum Bangkok was founded and led by a group of Ethereum adopters and enthusiasts who are determined to grow a sustainable Ethereum ecosystem and community of adopters, technical and business alike, in the heart of Bangkok.
It is currently led by a group of people working at OmiseGO, with the hope to expand to the Bangkok community at large.
Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.
Current research and development is led by swiss-based Ethereum Foundation with the mission to build “ a more globally accessible, more free and more trustworthy Internet.”
It was proposed by Vitalik Buterin in 2013, went live on 30 July 2015 and, as of May 2018, transacting roughly 1,500,000,000 USD (49,000,000,000 THB) per day .
OmiseGO is a subsidiary of Omise, a leading online payment gateway service provider operating in Southeast Asia. OmiseGO was created to achieve two goals:
- To create the OMG network, a pioneering Ethereum scaling solution that uses Plasma to create a fully decentralized on-chain exchange focused on enabling payments, trades, and other financial transactions in both crypto and fiat.
- To develop the open-source, white label digital wallet Software Development Kit (SDK) that is free for anyone to use, and makes it easy for those who need online asset exchange as part of their business to connect seamlessly to the OMG Network.