At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
1. Basics of Tableau Desktop
- Introduction to the basic elements in Tableau Desktop
- Overview of Tableau workbook objects and icons
- Supported files and database connections
- Various Tableau output documents: export files, printing, metadata, data extract
- Use the correct chart types for presentation and analysis
- Data visualization best practices
- References and reading materials
2. Functions and Analysis
- Working with data: Excel and database
- Data treatment features in Tableau
- Techniques in data transformation, join table and union
- Perform user defined calculation in Tableau Desktop
- Advanced calculation with Tableau Table Calculation functions
- Working with Dates and Time
- Data filtering, formatting, sorting, set and grouping
- Using analytics functions
- Forecasting and KPI monitoring
- Visualization with map
- How to share interactive reports with others
- Various hands-on exercises in each sub-topic
3. Dashboard Building
- Introduction to dashboard building elements
- Types of dashboards for different target users
- Creating a dashboard for visual analysis
- Using actions and guided analytics function
- Mini project to build a complete management dashboard
4. Intermediate of Tableau Desktop
- Working with single data sources
- Using multiple data sources
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Defining subsets of your data
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories
- Date: 1 October - 4 October, 2019
- Time: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Venue: The Connecion (MRT Ladprao)
- Trainer: Ms Anthea (Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate)