At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what data works best with Tableau Desktop and how to shape and clean it appropriately to get maximum flexibility from Tableau Desktop.
- Learn how Tableau Prep folds into the analytics cycle, and when to prep data in Tableau Prep vs. Tableau Desktop.
- Understand the terminology used in Tableau Prep.
- Know how Tableau Prep approaches data sampling.
- Create and understand data prep flows that address common scenarios encountered in data preparation, as applied to common data use cases.
- Know how to view data prepared in Tableau Prep using Tableau Desktop.
- Understand data exploration and validation in Tableau Prep and Tableau Desktop.
- Introduction to the workspace
- Introduction to the workflow
- Data literacy concepts
- Connecting to and configuring data
- Exploring data
- Cleaning data
- Preferred data structures in Tableau
- Shaping data
- Combining data
- Opening a data sample and creating an output file
- Best practices for data preparation
- Complex flows
- Starting with a question
- Hands-on data preparation
- Date: 26 August - 27 August, 2019
- Time: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Venue: The Connecion (MRT Ladprao)
- Trainer: Ms Anthea (Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate)